Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are perfect snack to take to work or school.
Bananas and peanut butter are actually my favorite smoothie combination. What if we put them together in a healthy snack that is easy to take with you anywhere?
If you’re looking for healthy snack or a quick breakfast you can eat on-the-go those bars are just perfect idea.
Why you need to try this Chocolate Chip Banana Bars?
- great pre or post workout snack
- so much cheaper than store bought bars
- they are great solution to use overripe bananas
- they are: egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free
- they store very well in air-tight container, so you can prepare bigger batch
I like and eat bananas, peanut butter and oats quite often and in many forms. Those bars are my favorite on-the-go snack.
If you like you can add more goodness into your chocolate chip banana bars to make them even more interesting:
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (like pecan, walnuts, hazelnuts)
I am sure you will also like those recipes with oats and overripe bananas:
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Banana Bars recipe
BANANAS – choose the bananas with really browned skin. They will be very sweet and will be easy to mash with the fork.
OATS – any type or brand of oats will do. Whole oats will result in more crunchy, harder bars, while using rolled or instant oats will give softer texture.
PEANUT BUTTER – you can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter. Best type is the one with 100% peanuts in ingredients list (no additional oils added). If you are allergic to peanuts use almond or cashew butter.