Ok, so I’m not the biggest fan of boiled or baked carrot, but my family loves it. When we were looking for some new soups ideas and my hubby proposed cream carrot soup I was skeptical. Will it be too sweat and bland? What spices should I use to make it stand out?
I improvised and I was positively surprised with the result. This winter version of Carrot Ginger Soup is full of flavors. Thick, creamy and oh so warming!
Why you should try this carrot ginger cream soup?
- quick and easy to prepare
- carrot is great for your eyes
- cheap and easily accessible ingredients
- suuuuper creamy
- perfect winter soup
Looking for the idea for an easy soup made from ingredients you surely have at home? This Carrot Ginger Cream Soup is so delicious you will be tempted to repeat it right away.
Carrot Ginger Cream SoupCourse: Soup, LunchDifficulty: Easy
5 medium large carrots
3 garlic cloves
1.5cm fresh ginger (grated)
1l vegetable broth or water
1|2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar
olive oil or other oil
salt & pepper
- Peel potato and carrots, roughly chop them.
- Chop onion and garlic however you like, you’ll blend everything anyways 🙂
- Fry onion until golden. Add garlic and after a while add brown sugar in order to carmelize onion. Stir to avoid burning sugar.
- When onion gets a nice bronze glaze add ginger and cinnamon. Stir for a while until you feel nice smell of spices.
- Add carrot and potato, mix everything, so that veggies get covered with spices.
- Pour vegetable broth or water in. Add 1tsp of salt and some pepper, cover and boil till carrot and potatoes are very soft.
- Wait for the soup to cool down a little. Blend with a hand blender until super creamy.
- Do not skip carmelizing onion. You won’t be adding a lot of sugar, but it really boosts the flavours.
- Make sure carrot and potatoes are really soft after boiling, so you can blend them easily and get very creamy soup.
- I always add some salt and pepper on the beginning of cooking and adjust seasoning later on while blending the soup. This way you get your seasoning exactly how you like it.
There are few ways to serve this delicious creamy Carrot Ginger Soup.
On the pictures there’s version sprinkled with pumpkin seeds and drizzled with sesame oil. The combination of aromas is amazing! Don’t forget a slice of good whole grain bread or this Easy Vegan Bread.
Another way you can serve this soup is with some coconut cream or coconut milk – a nice oriental touch.
You might also like: